ads

Chapter 12 Slums




 It was when I was looking at the scene of the sisters getting along well.




"Oi, Oi! Brats! Whose permission did you get to stay here!?"


“Whose territory do you think this is!?”




 Two thug-looking guys approached.




“W-what?!”


"You don't look like anyone from around here. In that case, you have to pay us"


“Eh, eh!? Are you asking for money!?”


"Of course! This is our territory! You can't just waltz in and say there's nothing here!"


"That's right! Aniki is in charge of this area!"




 What are those men saying...


 Even if it were a public place, there would be no territory or shit.




“Uh we don’t know that!”


“Ah!? Do you think you can get away because you don't know!?”


"Oh, I really didn't know. We are leaving now, so that's fine, right? Come on, let's go, Fine."


"U-un"




 The sisters stand up and try to leave, but the guys block their path.




"Oops. This story isn't over yet."


“W-what is it!? We're leaving now, so it doesn’t matter right!?”


"That's not true. You've already entered my territory, so I guess you should pay what you have to pay."


"W-what is that?! I can't accept it!"


“It’s your fault for coming without knowing!”




 It's completely unreasonable.


 What they're saying is no different from Ya-san complaints.




“B-by the way, how much should we pay!?”


"Hmm.. Let's see...I would like each person to pay one large copper coin?"


“Eh, eh!? That means... two large copper coins for two people...?”


"I-I don't have that kind of money! I came here by chance and I really didn't know!"


"It doesn't matter! It's worse if you don't know! If you're going to hate me, then you must hate yourself for being ignorant!"


"Th-that's it..."




 The sisters turn pale.




"B-but we really don't have any money! What should we do..."


"Then why don't you pay with your body! For the time being, you'll work as our slave!"


"Slave...I-I don't like it!"


“Ah!? If you don’t like it, just pay the money!!!!!!”




 The man kicked nearby objects and broke them.


 The impact sends debris flying.




"Hiiiiiii..."


"Or we could force you to obey! If you don't like that, just shut up and become my slave!"


“……!”


"Onee-chan……"




 ………………




 …………Geez. it can not be helped.




"Don't worry! There's work that even a kid can do! Come with me!"


"N-no...don't touch me!"


"Onee-chan!"


"Come on! Shut up! I don't have time for this. I might as well just punch them..."


“Stop right there.”




 Jump out from the shadows and approach the men.




"!! Zest...! Why are you here..."


"Oh? What the hell? More kids!?"


"Aniki! I've never seen this face before."


"That's right. It's my first time here."




 I haven't told a lie.




"What do you want? We're busy here."


"Can you please forgive those children? They've never been here before, so they don't know whose territory this is."


"I don't care! Ignorance is their problem!"


"But I've never heard of these rules either, and can't we let this one slide?"


"No way, it's already decided that it won't work! Anyone who enters our territory will be obeyed. That's the rule!"


"So... it doesn't matter if they didn't know?"


"In that case, they should blame their own ignorance! Or what? Are you saying ignorance is an excuse for anything? Huh?!"




 ...I guess it's a waste after all. I don't think anything can be done through discussion.


 Well, I wasn't expecting that from the beginning.




 Now what should I do?


 It's easy to beat these guys up, but...the location is bad.


 Even though it is a slum, it attracts attention in the city.


 I don't want to cause a commotion.




 Hmm...I wonder what to do...


 ……Ah. That's it.




“I would like to ask you something, is it okay if I give you something instead of money?”


“Ah!? What do you mean!?”


“In short, it can be resolved as long as you pay the money, right? I think it’s one large copper coin per person? If so, would you be able to forgive me if I gave you something of appropriate value?”


"Aniki? What do you think?"


"Well... if that's the case... it's fine. However! If you give me something strange, you're in big trouble!"




 Okay, okay. It went well.


 In that case...what should I give them?




"So? what are you going to give us?"


"How about this?"




 Take out a certain sword from your inventory.




"!? W-where did that come from?"


"Well, don't worry about the details. How about we settle things with this?"




 I took out the sword and handed it to the man.


 The man grabbed it and began looking at it with a surprised expression.




"W-what is this?! The blade is bright red!"




 The blade of the sword he handed over was stained bright red like blood.




"It's called the 'Bloody Sword'. Apparently it got its name because it's red, as if it had been sipped with living blood."


"Ho, hoo...Bloody sword..."


"I guarantee its sharpness, right? At least it should be better than the weapons sold around here. What do you think? So, will you forgive me?"




 Perhaps because it was a sword he had never seen before, he looked at it carefully, as if licking it.




"Heh, heh... You know what I mean. I don't hate people who understand things."


“Then I guess it’s okay to say it's settled with this?"


"Yeah, that's fine. I can't help it if you're going to give me something of such high quality. It's much more valuable than two kids."




 It's great that he seemed to like it.


 To be honest, I had no plans to use that sword.


 It's regrettable because it was a weapon with very good performance, but it's cheap if it can save Lapis and Finne.




"The matter is settled now. Come on, you two, let's go."


"Eh, ah, un. Let's go, Finne."


"U-un"




 The sisters came to me, passing by a man who was looking at his sword with satisfaction.


 I decided to just take him out of the slum.






"You helped us again..."


"Thank you so much! If Zest-san hadn't come, we wouldn't be here right now..."


"Don't worry about it. That whole area is dangerous, so don't go near it."


"yes……"




 They had just gotten out of an orphanage and had no place to live, so if they didn't have a place to sleep, they would have had no choice but to spend his time in the slums.




"We're sorry. It's because of us that you had to go through this trouble."


"Well, I hope you think it's a good learning experience."


"But... Was it really okay to give them such an expensive-looking sword...?"


"Hmm? Oh. You mean Bloody Sword?"


“It was a very expensive-looking sword…”


"I don't mind. I had no intention of using it anyway."


"Huh? What do you mean...?"




 That sword has high performance and high attack power, making it extremely useful. It is no exaggeration to say that it is the strongest among the weapons that can be used at least at low levels.




 But――




“That’s a double-edged sword.”







Sorry guys for the delay, I'm currently facing some unexpected challenges, and your support would mean a lot to me. If you've found value in my blog and would like to help during this tough period, any contribution would be greatly appreciated. Your generosity can make a real difference. Thank you for being a part of this community.

If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

ads